R.C. Mission School was started in the “Premal Jyoti” area of Nadiad in the year 1923 with some dedicated priests and religious with the aim of providing quality education for the deprived section of the society. This school was recognized by the government of Gujarat in 1926. Rev. Fr. Martinus S.J. brought up the school till 7th standard and shifted it to the St. Mary’s Catholic Church campus with the new and appropriate name “Nirmal Miriam Primary School”. Rev. Fr. Riera S.J established St. Mary’s High School in June 1959. The first batch of old S.S.C appeared for the state board examination and came out with encouraging results in 1963.In the year 1980, the Higher Secondary General Stream was started.
The diocesan priests of Ahmedabad diocese took over the responsibility of running the school from the Jesuits in 1983. The nuns from various congregations working at Nadiad and some other committed lay faithful have contributed for the development of the school. R. C. Mission Primary School was also shifted from Uttarsanda village to this campus in the year 1998. Today, St. Mary’s High school is marching ahead with modern times by imparting value based education through the advanced computer lab and various extracurricular activities like N.C.C, N.S.S, Scout and Guide, Science club, English club and Sports club. St. Mary’s School has the tradition of getting 100% result in the board examinations. According to the need of the time St. Mary’s English Medium School was begun some years back which has reached till 9th standard in this academic year.
St. Mary’s High School which started in 1959 has successfully completed fifty years in June 2009. The golden Jubilee celebrations are going on throughout the year but the culmination of the celebration will be on 8th December 2009, the feast day of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.